Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1¼ cups Loprofin Rice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup pineapple pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, capsicum and beans. Boil for 2 minutes to flavour the liquid.
- Rinse the rice under cold water to remove some of the starch, add to the stock with the salt. Cook uncovered stirring occasionally for 8 minutes but allowing the rice to retain a moist consistency. Add more water if necessary.
- Stir the chopped tomato and pineapple pieces into the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with spring onions and a green salad on the side.