Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 2 cups prepared chopped vegetables of choice e.g. carrot, mushrooms, cauliflower, capsicums, pumpkin, zucchini
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tsp of garlic purée
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of water or stock
- 2 cups Loprofin Rice
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring it to the boil, then add 1 tsp of oil and the Loprofin Rice.
- Return to the boil, stirring, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking together.
- In a separate large pan, heat oil and sauté the onions in oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, chilli, tomato purée, ½ the bunch of chopped coriander and your choice of vegetables. The harder vegetables (carrots & pumpkin etc) will need a longer time for cooking, therefore add these first.
- Stir the vegetables until soft.
- Add all of the spices: ground cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander and ground ginger and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and water.
- Cook until all of the vegetables are tender and the sauce has been reduced and thickened.
- Finish the dish by adding a handful of chopped fresh coriander and serve with the Loprofin Rice.