Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta, 1 tbsp of the oil, and salt to the pan. Return to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking together. When the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Lightly grease the base of an ovenproof dish. Wash the capsicums and slice off the stalk ends. Remove the core and seeds and stand the capsicums in the dish. If necessary, carefully trim the bases so that the capsicums will stand firmly (take care not to make any holes, or the filling will ooze out during cooking).
- Fry the shallots and garlic in the remaining oil for 2 minutes, without browning, over moderate heat.
- Stir in 3/4 of the stock and the tomato relish, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, skin the tomatoes, discard the seeds and chop the flesh.
- In a bowl, mix the Loprofin Baking Mix with the remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir the mixture into the pan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Stir the cooked pasta and chopped tomatoes into the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the capsicums in the ovenproof dish, loosely cover with tin foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.