Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Moroccan Rice And Vegetable Burgers
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup sweet potato (kumara), cut into cubes
- 1 small carrot, grated
- ½ cup pumpkin, cut in cubes
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 1½ tsp mustard
- 1-4 tbsp Moroccan Seasoning (add to taste)
- ⅓ cup Loprofin Baking Mix
- ½ cup Loprofin Rice (pre-cooked)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil to fry
- Cook all the vegetables together in boiling water until soft.
- Drain well (you do not want any water in the mixture) and mash together.
- Add the tomato puree, garlic puree, mustard, seasoning, Loprofin Baking Mix and pre-cooked Rice and mix until combined (you may need to add additional Loprofin Baking Mix to ensure the mixture is a mash potato consistency).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- Heat some oil in a fry pan*. Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes, turning frequently, until golden and crisp on each side.
*For a lighter variation, you can also cook the patties on a lightly greased baking tray at 200°C for 15-20 minutes or until browned.