Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g Loprofin Spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large stalk of celery, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, peeled then diced
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ bunch of fresh oregano and basil, chopped
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp of tomato purée
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the oil, salt and Loprofin Spaghetti. Return to a boil, stirring, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking together. When cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms, carrot, celery, zucchini and tinned chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oregano and basil to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and fresh chopped tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the Loprofin Spaghetti.