Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Lemon And Pangrattato Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 dried chillies, crumbled
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400 g Loprofin Spaghetti
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and kept whole
- 1 loaf low protein bread, at least one day old, crumbled to make bread crumbs
- To make pangrattato, heat the oil in a small frying pan and add garlic. Cook over a medium heat until golden brown, then discard garlic. Add half the breadcrumbs to the pan. Cook until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper. Add the remaining breadcrumbs and repeat (you may need a little more oil).
- To make pasta, heat oil in a saucepan and gently fry the cloves of sliced garlic until it begins to colour. Add one-third of the chilli, the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook the Loprofin Spaghetti according to instructions. Drain and add to sauce.
- Serve on individual plates and sprinkle with remaining chilli, parsley, lemon zest and a generous amount of pangrattato.