Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 17.5cm square cake tin, greased and lined with non-stick paper
- 22.5cm square silver cake board
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the fruit, cherries, peel, margarine, sugar, spice and water in a large pan, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, allow to cool for at least 5 hours.
- In a large bowl combine the Loprofin Baking Mix, baking powder and Egg White Replacer, pour in the cooled mixture and beat well, until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the prepared tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 1 hour 35 minutes, until firm to the touch (double check, by inserting a fine skewer in the centre of the cake, when removed the skewer should be clean and hot).
- Leave to cool in the tin for 1 hour, transfer to a cooling rack, until cold.
- Level the top of the cake by carefully cutting off the ‘domed’ part.
- Spread apricot jam over the cut surface and place (cut side down) in the centre of the cake board, spread apricot jam evenly over the top and sides.
- Roll out the fondant icing and use to completely cover the cake. Trim surplus icing with a sharp knife.