Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 zucchini, cut in half lengthways
- 8 thin slices of tomato
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 8 sheets Loprofin Lasagne
- Cooking oil
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 125 ml clear vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Trim the ends from the eggplant and cut lengthways about half a centimetre thick.
- Place the eggplant on a flat surface and sprinkle with salt. Leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash the eggplant slices in cold water and dry with paper towels. Arrange on a baking tray and brush with oil. Place on a preheated grill for approximately 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn the slices, brush with oil and grill for 3 more minutes.
- Cook the zucchini in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
To prepare the pasta:
- Fill a large pan 3/4 full with water, and add 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil. Individually place 4 Loprofin Lasagne sheets in the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, over medium heat. (Check during cooking to ensure the pasta sheets do not stick together).
- Carefully remove each lasagne sheet from the pan onto a flat surface. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining lasagne sheets.
To prepare the sauce:
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place a slice of eggplant on a flat surface and cover with a sheet of lasagne. Place a slice of tomato at one end and lay two basil leaves and a piece of zucchini on the tomato. Roll up the eggplant and pasta, from the tomato end, to form a tube.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant, pasta, tomato, basil and zucchini, to give 8 rolls.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce into the baking dish and arrange the eggplant rolls on the top. Pour the remaining sauce over the rolls and cover the dish with tin foil.
- Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes. If desired, garnish with sprigs of basil. Serve immediately.