Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 2 spring onions
- 3 button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- small knob of butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Low Protein Baking Mix
- ½ tsp taco seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 20 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 80 ml (4 tbsp) water
- Peel carrot and finely dice, finely dice capsicum, mushrooms and finely slice the spring onions.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Saute gently in the oil and butter in a small frying pan for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let mixture cool enough to handle.
- Combine LP Mixture, taco seasoning and salt in a small bowl, make a well in the centre and add the oil and water. You may want to add a little more water for the pastry to come together but wait before adjusting.
- Knead dough for about 30 seconds until combined. Break into two portions to make it easier to roll out. Roll out one portion quite thinly. Use an egg ring to cut out circles of dough. Use a little extra LP Mix on rolling pin and board. Holding the pastry circle in one palm, fill it with a spoonful of the filling, fold over and shape like a pasty. With fingers seal edge well.
- Shallow fry in frying pan for about one minute on each side. Cook a little longer only if needed. Drain on paper towel. Makes about 13. Perfect size for parties and younger children. (Larger size is too hard to handle.)