Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 50 g butter (room temperature)
- 50 g margarine hard
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup Loprofin Baking Mix
- 2-3 tsp water cold
Optional flavours to be added at Step 2:
- Grated rind of ½ lemon
- Grated rind of ½ small orange
- 1 tsp sweet spice (e.g. ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice)
- 50 g currants or other dried fruits
- few drops of vanilla or almond essence
- 50 g finely chopped cherries
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place the butter and margarine in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add the sugar and beat together until light in colour and texture.
- Stir in the Loprofin Baking Mix (see optional flavours above).
- Using one hand, squeeze the mixture until it comes together, adding sufficient water to give a manageable dough. Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Baking Mix and knead the dough for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about 1⁄2 cm thickness on a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Baking Mix.
- Cut into desired shapes (e.g. circles, ovals, animal shapes or others).
- Transfer the biscuits to lightly greased baking trays and bake at 150°C for 20-25 minutes until pale golden in colour.
- Remove from the baking trays whilst still warm. Cool on a wire rack.