Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Christmas Window Biscuits
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat well, until light in colour and texture.
- Stir in the Loprofin Baking Mix and custard powder.
- Using one hand, stir and squeeze the mixture until it comes together, adding sufficient Sno-Pro or Milupa-lp-Drink to give manageable dough. Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Baking Mix and knead the dough for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about ½ cm thickness, on a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Baking Mix.
- Cut out shapes, using a 7.5cm star, heart or tree cutter and using a 3.5cm cutter, cut a smaller shape from the centre of each biscuit.Re-roll the trimmings and carry on cutting out the shapes, until all the dough is used.
- Transfer the biscuits to lightly greased non-stick baking trays and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, until pale golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and spoon broken boiled sweets into the centre hole of each biscuit, return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly on the baking trays, carefully remove from the trays and complete cooling on a wire rack.