Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Roasted Vegetables Tossed With Pasta
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 8 small potatoes, halved
- 2 zucchinis, cut in chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp dried basil
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 yellow capsicums, cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicums, cut into thin strips
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 500 g Loprofin Penne https://www.nutriciastore.com.au/loprofin-penne-6x500g.html
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the carrots, onion, potatoes, zucchini, oil, ½ the teaspoon of basil, ½ the teaspoon of oregano, salt, and pepper in a roasting pan. Toss to mix and roast for 20 minutes.
- After the vegetables have roasted for 20 minutes, add the capsicums, the remaining ¼ teaspoon of basil and ¼ teaspoon of oregano, and the balsamic vinegar. Stir well and continue roasting for an additional 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, but not overly soft.
- Remove from oven and keep warm until the pasta is cooked.
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the oil, salt and Loprofin Penne. Return to a boil, stirring, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking together. When cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss pasta through vegetables and season with salt and pepper to serve.