Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- Mix the Baking Mix, yeast, bicarb soda, custard powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix water and Sno-Pro together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix to a smooth batter using an electric beater or a whisk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has risen, lightly grease a non-stick frying pan and egg rings.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and half fill egg rings.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until bubbles appear and the top is dry. Do not allow them to brown too much.
- Carefully flip crumpets over for a minute or 2 to slightly brown the top.
- Remove crumpets from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve with butter and jam or honey.