Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 50 g green beans, finely chopped
- 100 g frozen peas
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp chopped green chilli
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1½ cups Loprofin Rice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Chopped coriander, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a large saucepan bring 1L water to the boil and add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil. Once boiling, add rice and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain rice and rinse with boiling water. Leave to the side.
- Cook the carrot, potato, beans and peas in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- In a pan of hot oil , add the drained vegetables, capsicums and onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomato, green chilli, garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Add the cooked rice and vegetable stock and stir through the vegetables. Simmer on low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Place the mixture in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and chilli powder. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander and fried shallots.