Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Eggplant And Tomato Pasta
- 200 g Loprofin Fusilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Add the eggplant and cook until golden-brown on all sides. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Heat some more olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for one minute, then add the tomatoes and eggplant and stir well.
- Stir through the basil, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan bring 1L water to the boil and add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and rinse with boiling water.
- Serve the eggplant sauce over the pasta.