Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Cannelloni With Roast Capsicum Sauce
- 1 large red capsicum
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp Loprofin Baking Mix
- 200 ml Sno-Pro or Milupa-lp-Drink
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Loprofin Lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the sauce – cut the red capsicum into quarters and place under a preheated grill, skin side up, for a few minutes until the skin has blackened. Wrap the capsicums in cling wrap to sweat.
- After a few minutes remove the skin from the capsicums and place the flesh, butter, Baking Mix and Sno-Pro/Milupa-lp-Drink into a food processor or blender, process until smooth. Reserve until required.
- Prepare the filling – roughly chop the capsicum and celery, transfer to a food processor and process briefly, until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, cover and fry over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes, until transparent, stirring occasionally to prevent browning.
- Stir in the chopped capsicums and celery, cover and cook for 5 minutes over a moderate to low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients and reheat. Cover the pan whilst preparing the pasta.
- Fill a large pan, three-quarters full with water, add the oil and salt, bring to the boil.
- Individually place 4 Loprofin Lasagne sheets in the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, over a moderate heat. (Check during cooking to ensure the pasta sheets do not stick to each other.)
- Carefully remove each lasagne sheet from the pan onto a flat surface. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining lasagne sheets.
- When all the lasagne is part cooked, divide the filling between the sheets, roll up each one to form a tube.
- Pour a thin layer of prepared sauce to cover the base of an ovenproof dish and arrange the cannelloni rolls on top. Pour the remaining sauce over the rolls and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Serve immediately sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.
Sprinkle cannelloni with low protein cheese before baking for a cheesy topping.