Try a selection of Asian vegetables.
Try steamed broccoli and roasted diced pumpkin
Try zucchini and roasted cherry tomatoes with fresh herbs
Try a medley of your favourite vegetables Flavour Suggestions:
Fresh herbs- add a couple of minutes before servin
Lemon juice with black pepper
1 tsp grated orange rind
¼ cup torn basil leaves
1 tbsp mustard pickles
Homemade stock Note: Everybody’s low protein diet is different. Always check with your dietitian regarding the suitability of particular ingredients in recipes.
Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Low Protein Risotto
- 1½-2 cups cups prepared vegetables (see below)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ onion finely, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp dried herbs (optional)
- ½ cup Loprofin Rice
- 350 ml boiling water
- For different flavours see below
- Prepare vegetables.
- Heat the oil in the fry pan. Add the garlic, onion, spices and herbs cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Loprofin rice and mix through. Add the water and stir again.
- Bring the rice mixture to the boil and simmer for 10 –12 minutes checking regularly.
- Add more boiling water as required.
- Add vegetables and flavours, cook gently for 5 minutes or until cooked.