Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Cranberry And Pear Tarts
- 1 pear, peeled and cored
- 6 tbsp cranberry sauce* *Check with your dietitian for a suitable brand.
- 1 cup Loprofin Baking Mix
- 40 g margarine hard
- 40 g butter
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Coarsely grate the pear into a small bowl. Add the cranberry sauce and stir well until evenly mixed. Set aside until required.
- Place the Loprofin Baking Mix in a large bowl. Cut the hard margarine & butter into small pieces and rub into the mix until the texture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Gradually stir in 2-3 tbsp water, sufficient to bind the crumbs and give a manageable dough.
- Transfer the dough to a surface dusted with Loprofin Baking Mix and lightly knead for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Roll out a little more than half the pastry and use to line 12 tartlet tins.
- Divide the pear and cranberry filling evenly between the pastry cases.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut into rounds for lids. Cut a small star shape out of the centre of each. Place the lids over the pear and cranberry filling, gently pressing to seal the pastry to the base.
- Lightly brush the pastry tops with water. Mix together the caster sugar and spice, and sprinkle evenly over the moistened pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.