Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place the margarine, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl, beat for 1-2 minutes until light in texture and creamy coloured.
- Thoroughly mix together the Loprofin Baking Mix, Egg White Replacer and baking powder. Then alternate stirring in the creamed mixture and the Sno-Pro, until a soft smooth batter is achieved. Do not overbeat.
- Transfer the mixture to a tin lined with baking paper and level the surface with a knife.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, until well risen and firm to touch. The cake will be pale in colour. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- When cool, the cake may be halved and sandwiched with jam or buttercream. The top may be iced and decorated, or dusted with icing sugar.