Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- Combine boiling and cold water in a bowl. Whisk in the Loprofin Egg White Replacer. Leave to stand until cool.
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Whisk the egg white solution on the highest speed for 10 minutes, until starting to form peaks.
- Add the caster sugar gradually, and whisk for at least 10 minutes until the mixture is glossy and firm.
- Pipe or spoon into desired shapes onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Place in the oven for approximately 1 ½ hours, or until firm.
- For the filling: combine the boiling and cold water, whisk in the Egg White Replacer and allow to cool. Cream together the margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the prepared egg white solution, until desired thickness is achieved. Flavour with vanilla essence.
- Pipe the cream filling into the centre of the meringue.
- Decorate by topping with fruit and serve.