Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Leek and Mushroom Risotto
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 100 g assorted mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp sage, chopped
- 1 cup Loprofin Rice
- 120 ml white wine (optional)
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and leek and fry for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and sage and stir through.
- Add the Loprofin Rice to the pan and stir for a further minute.
- Add wine and stir through.
- Gradually add stock, a little at a time and stir well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent rice sticking to the pan.
- As the stock reduces, add more stock as required until rice is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.