Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Fruit Crumb Flan
- 1⅔ cups Loprofin Baking Mix
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 can tinned fruit or your choice of fresh fruits
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 20cm loose-bottomed flan tin
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Combine the Loprofin Baking Mix, spices and caster sugar in large bowl.
- Thoroughly rub in the butter until the texture resembles fine crumbs.
- Weigh 150g crumbs and reserve.
- Add sufficient water to the remaining crumbs to give a soft, not sticky, dough.
- Lightly knead the dough until smooth on a surface dusted with Loprofin Baking Mix.
- Roll out thickly and line flan tin.
- Spread the fruit filling out evenly over the flan base.
- Pile the reserved crumbs on top of the fruit and carefully spread to the edges, covering the fruit.
- Level the crumbs before sprinkling with raw sugar.
- Bake at 190°C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.