Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Butternut Pumpkin Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 150 g butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 350 ml Sno-Pro or Milupa-lp-Drink
- 4 tbsp Loprofin Baking Mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Loprofin Rice , cooked, to serve
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, capsicum and pumpkin, stirring until the vegetables have softened.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the mushrooms. Cook until they are softened and browned.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the vegetable stock and stir. Bring the stock to the boil and cook until it has reduced by one-third.
- Reduce the heat to low and return the vegetables to the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste, Sno-Pro and Loprofin Baking Mix.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the paste to the pan and stir through.
- Return the pan to the heat and continue to cook over a low heat, until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over Loprofin Rice and garnish with chopped parsley.