Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Low Protein Patties
- 250 g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 175 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 30 g margarine
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Browning essence, for colour (optional)
- ¾ cup Loprofin Baking Mix
- Extra Loprofin Baking Mix for rolling and shaping
- Oil to fry
- Heat a large fry pan and add the oil and margarine.
- Add the sweet potato, onion and mushrooms, stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the dried herbs, salt, pepper, tomato puree and browning essence and mix well.
- Remove from heat and mix in the Loprofin Baking Mix. Leave to cool slightly.
- Using a large spoon, shape spoonfuls into a burger shape and cover in extra baking mix to prevent sticking.
- Add oil to fry pan and fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and freeze for later use.