Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Creamy Pumpkin Lasagne
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-3 cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper and sea salt
- 25 g butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 packet Loprofin Lasagne
- 1 jar ready to use white/bechamel sauce (or Basic White Sauce Recipe)
- Low protein bread crumbs
- Low protein cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel the butternut pumpkin, slice in half, and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 2-3 centimetre chunks.
- Toss the butternut pumpkin with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 35-45 minutes, turning once or twice, until pumpkin is browned and tender.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 175°C.
- Fry the onions in the butter on a high heat. Add the pinch of sugar and reduce heat to medium/low. Continue cooking onions until they become very soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally (about 15-20 minutes). Set aside.
- Mash or process the butternut pumpkin until smooth. Stir through the nutmeg.
- Alternately layer the Loprofin Lasagne sheets, white sauce, pumpkin mixture and onions. Finish with a layer of Loprofin Lasagne sheets and white sauce.
- Top with low protein breadcrumbs and low protein cheese. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Allow the lasagne to rest a little before serving.