Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Butternut Pumpkin Lasagne
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-3 cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper and sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 25 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes or jar of passata
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 packet Loprofin Lasagne
- 1 jar ready to use white/bechamel sauce (or Basic White Sauce Recipe)
- Low protein cheese
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel the butternut pumpkin, slice in half, and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 2-3 centimetre chunks.
- Toss the butternut pumpkin with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 25-35 minutes, turning once or twice, until pumpkin is browned and tender.
- For the sauce, fry the garlic and onion in the butter on a high heat. Add the capsicum and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the spinach and chopped tomatoes or passata and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the baked pumpkin into the tomato sauce and season with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Follow Basic White Sauce recipe to make white sauce, or use ready-to-use jar.
- Spoon approximately one third of the tomato mixture over the base of an ovenproof dish and cover with a layer of Loprofin Lasagne sheets, then cover with a layer of white sauce.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with Loprofin Lasagne, then cover with white sauce.
- Top with low protein cheese, garnish with basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until bubbling and pasta is cooked . Allow the lasagne to rest a little before serving.