Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Tomato and Herb Straws
- 250 g Loprofin Mix
- ½ sachet (1tsp) dried yeast, (supplied with Loprofin Mix)
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 g psyllium husks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml water warm
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine Loprofin Mix, yeast, salt, psyllium husks, tomato purée and oregano in a large bowl; add 1 tbsp olive oil and water, beat for 1 minute (if using an electric mixer) or 3–4 minutes with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth and glossy.
- Transfer batter to a large piping bag fitted with a 5mm nozzle.
- Cut the end of the piping bag and pipe lengths of dough, about 20cm long, onto greased baking trays.
- Dip a pastry brush in remaining olive oil and evenly coat each dough stick.
- Loosely cover the baking tray completely with cling wrap and put in a warm place until dough starts to rise slightly, approx. 10–12 minutes (dough sticks should rise until they have almost doubled in size).
- Remove cling wrap and place the tray in a preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven once crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack. When cold store in airtight container.