Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Sun-Dried Tomato Vegetable Burgers
- 5 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup sweet potato (kumara), cut into cubes
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- ½ cup cup pumpkin, cut in cubes
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp mustard
- ⅓ cup Loprofin Baking Mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil to fry
- Cook all the vegetables together in boiling water until soft.
- Drain well (you do not want any water in the mixture) and mash together.
- Add the tomato puree, garlic puree, sun-dried tomatoes, mustard and Loprofin Baking Mix and mix until combined (you may need to add additional Loprofin Baking Mix to ensure the mixture is a mash potato consistency).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- Heat some oil in a fry pan*. Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes, turning frequently, until golden and crisp on each side.