Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Spanish Vegetable Paella
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 cup Loprofin Rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 in (400g) diced tomatoes
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g green beans, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Soak the eggplant in water for 30 minutes, then rinse.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil and fry the garlic, onion, capsicum, eggplant and saffron for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Loprofin Rice and pour in the stock and tomatoes. Mix and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally to stop the rice sticking to the pan.
- Stir in the mushrooms and green beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Season further to taste and serve hot from the pan.