Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
Savoury Bread Plait
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the water, Sno-Pro, yeast, salt, sugar and psyllium husks in a bowl, stir and allow to stand for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the Baking Mix and olive oil to the thickened mixture and beat for 2–3 minutes.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Dust your work surface liberally with Baking Mix.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal pieces and roll each one into a long sausage shape (approximately 50cm).
- Place each piece side by side and begin to plait the bread: Take the left strand and cross it over the middle strand. Take the right strand and cross it over the middle strand.
- Repeat crossing left over centre, followed by right over centre until you reach the end. Pinch the ends together to seal the plait.
- Spread with tomato pesto, and garnish with red onion slices and rosemary.
- Bake the bread in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.