Share your low protein recipe with othersSubmit a Recipe
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Place the water, Sno-Pro and psyllium husks in a bowl, stir and allow to stand for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except herbs) to a bowl and add the thickened water mixture – knead for approximately 5 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and leave to prove for 15 minutes.
- Split the dough into 5 even balls.
- Roll the dough into smooth balls and create a hole in the centre of each ball.
- Leave the bagels to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a large pan.
- Add two bagels at a time to the boiling water and boil for 2 minutes on each side.
- Once ready, remove from the water, place them on a baking tray, coat with a little oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool fully on a wire rack before serving.